Friday, December 29, 2006

Vegas, baby....Vegas!!


Nope....not going to Nevada. I'm heading out for four days of liberty in the Vegas of the Middle East: Bahrain!
The Chief Petty Officers of Navy Central Command (NAVCENT) have found it in their hearts to send me and about a dozen other sailors out of this big litterbox they call Kuwait to get some much-deserved R&R in Bahrain for New Year's. These cats get high marks from me. Taking care of their sailors, they are! Putting us up in a posh hotel in Manama, right in the midst of a kinds of festivities that are happening this weekend. Should be a good time. I'll let you know how it turned out when I get back.
Nothing else to report. No word on my departure date yet, either. Nevertheless, I've only got 61 more days left in the sandbox, so I'll be seein' y'all real soon either way!
Happy New Year!

No comments: