Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Another American Idol

Well, I probably told y'all about how I met Kelly Clarkson at last year's "Texas Thunder" Air Show at NAS JRB Fort Worth. Remember? She took a ride with one of the Blue Angels and blew chunks about three times? Yeah, when she came off the plane she wasn't lookin' too hot. And her butt's a lot bigger in real life. But she was still kinda cute in an interstate-offramp kinda way.

Today Carrie Underwood showed up in Kuwait and did a little meet & greet with all the soldiers, sailors, Marines & airmen here at Camp Arifjan. I guess she's doing a bit of a tour. So of course there was a big line to meet her and get autographs and whatnot. I was going to buy her CD and have her autograph it and give it to Amy as a Christmas present -- Amy loves that song of her's "Jesus Take the Wheel," and I kinda like it, too -- but they ran out of them at the BX. Guess everybody hurried up and made a mad dash for her album as soon as they found out she was coming.

Anyways, I didn't get an autograph, but I got a pic with her. That was the highlight of my day today, but it looked a bit like she put her makeup on with a butter knife. And please! Somebody feed that girl! She could hula-hoop with a Cheerio she's so skinny. Cuter than Kelly, though.

But....BUT!!

Not nearly as beautiful as my wife! I love you, Amy!