Monday, March 24, 2014

Pet Peeves

I haven't been playing very long and Lord knows there's very little about me or my game worth bragging about, but I'm nothing if not considerate.

Disc golf is a great game....and one worth enjoying.  I have no qualms whatever about guys on the course taking their time to get every shot right, make every put count, and work their tails off to make their game tip-top. Be you.  Do what you do, brother, and tweak that game into a National Championship.

However, what I absolutely HATE are people who have NO consideration for other players.  

For example, the other day I was playing The Castle with three of my buddies.  We were a foursome and apparently the twosome in front of us started on the back 9.  Slow on 10....okay.  Might've been a bad hole.  Maybe they'll settle in and find their groove.  But no!  We're waiting at 11 and they're literally 25 feet in front of the tee-box throwing TWO DISCS EACH.  One of them even looked back and saw us waiting before he threw his second shank into the woods.  No "Hey, y'all go ahead" or, "Feel free to play through."  Just looked back (no courtesy wave even) and then WENT TO FIND THEIR DISCS.  Didn't even know where they threw them.

This went on until 17.  My foursome waited on every single hole for those two doucherockets.  Finally on 17 we're waiting.  Again.  After five minutes one of them walks out of the woods and says, "You can play through...we're looking for a disc."

As I walked up to my drive I saw the douche who didn't have a beard mad-dogging us seeming to expect an offer to help find his boyfriend's disc.  Nothin' doin', son.  F#@! yo couch.  Walked on like the Man in Black and birdied that bad boy like it was my job.

I guess the point to this post that I took the scenic route to is that I hate inconsiderate people.  If you're slow and people are constantly waiting on you, let 'em play through.  Doesn't matter if they have more people....if they're playing faster, stand aside and let 'em go.  It's just common courtesy.  

That's my pet peeve: Inconsiderance.   And yes, I just made that word up.  What's yours?

No comments: