Thursday, March 15, 2007

Made it!

After six long months, I finally made it back home to Texas. Left on February 25th, saw the fam the next day. The flights weren't all that fun, but considering they served beer and I got to see my wife & kids at the end of it, I can't really complain. Got laid-over in Baltimore when the snowstorm that struck Maryland grounded all the planes and there weren't any connecting flights to DFW available at 2300, so I paid a cab $30 to take me to the Holiday Inn which was, of course, booked solid. So I had to hoof it at midnight in my DCUs in 30 degree weather to three different hotels in the hopes of finding a room. Got one on my fourth try. You'd think that walking around in snow dressed as someone ready to pop caps in camel jockeys would be disheartening upon landing on your home soil, but when you consider that I was in the states and didn't have to wear an M9 just to go outside the wire, things couldn't have been better.

At any rate, I've been home for just over two weeks now and the big brass on base have found it in their hearts to give me as much leave as I feel like taking, which is always a good thing. Unfortunately, I'm starting to get bored as the novelty of being the FNG slowly wears off, so I'm just about ready to start heading into work again.
In the meantime, I've been partying like a rock star, living it up with my wife, kids, friends from Fort Worth, and was even graced by a visit from my little brother who came over from Denver. Mom & Em are coming at the end of the month too, so it looks like I'll be plenty busy with company. Also, my good buddy Dan Miller's family will be coming down next week -- Dan's currently deployed to the UAE -- and we're taking all the kids to SeaWorld for a splish-splashin' good time. Looking forward to it.
The good news (work-wise) is that I made board and should be hearing whether or not I picked up those much-coveted anchors here by the beginning of June. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Other than that, nothing else to report. Should be pretty blase now that I'm home, so I won't expect many comments or readers. Nevertheless I'm keeping this blog just to show you that I can. And also to annoy you. That's just how I roll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
With a multi functional switchboard,an all in one technician is this insured both to and from you can possibly imagine electrocution. The switches with your board spin out of control the amount concerning up to the minute that goes into the switchboard. Such switches are widely used back and forth from an all in one generator all of which has AC repetitions and load sharing controls. It also has gauges that dogs don't going to be the once or twice and synchroscope.